Homes bought under Right to Buy often have restricted covenants included in the transfer/sale of a former council property.

Before carrying out alterations to a former council property, you must have the written consent of the council.

To request the council's consent to carry out alterations to your home, contact our legal services team on (01788) 533533 or email 

Please note, the council charges £60 (inclusive of VAT) for consent to carry out alterations. Applications for retrospective consent cost £90 (inclusive of VAT).