Why do I need it?

If you're a tenant who rents, then your landlord may not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement.

It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen, so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Rugby Borough Council has teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Great Lakes Insurance Limited, who provide the Crystal Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

The Crystal Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home, including furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments. 

How do I get more information?

  • call the council on (01788) 533533 or email residents@rugby.gov.uk to ask for an application pack

  • call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7286

You can also visit www.crystal-insurance.co.uk to find out more information and request a call back.

The Crystal Insurance Scheme is a product name arranged and administered by Thistle Tenant Risks, a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington's Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is part of the PIB Group. For information about what we do with personal data please see our privacy policy at www.crystal-insurance.co.uk/privacy-policy.

It's important to protect your belongings and your landlord suggests you look for providers who are regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FCA). Thistle Insurance Services are a company which specialises in social housing contents insurance, however other providers can be found on comparison websites such as Money Supermarket or Compare the Market.