We have a range of powers to tackle empty properties, including enforcement action.

We identify empty properties from a number of sources, including reports from residents.

To report an empty property, call (01788) 533533 or email contact.centre@rugby.gov.uk

How we can help

The council aims to work amicably with property owners before adopting enforcement measures. We can offer advice on renovation work and letting your property.

For advice about how to bring your empty property back into use, call (01788) 533533 or email contact.centre@rugby.gov.uk

Tax Allowances

If your property has been empty for two years or more you can claim a VAT reduction on certain refurbishment costs.

Visit the Government's website for more information

The council can provide a letter as proof the property has stood empty for the requisite amount of time. Call (01788) 533533 or email contact.centre@rugby.gov.uk